Thought I could add some spice to your life...

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Apologies for this long hiatus. I am actually thankful that blogger.com did not cancel my account. Such things surely happen on Yahoo and MSN. I have been busy with countless other meaningless pursuits, one of them being this rant. This gap has also taught me another thing, that my enthusiasm runs in a sine curve (as if I already did not know it). So I am opening up this space for guest writeups. The only restriction is that they have to be fully explained recipes for stuff that is edible. You can send the recipes to me at sourav.gati@gmail.com As long as you dont send me abuses, you will be published. Even if you send me abuses, don't forget to include some recipe, and I will separate the abuse and recipe - and publish the recipe here. However, you might get only the abuse back in return mail.


The first guest writer has is Susmita Sengupta from Ann Arbor, Michigan. We met over a chatroom, and since then she has supplied me quite a few recipes over the instant messenger. There are all...Yummmmy to say the least.


Yummy Chicken
(Susmita Sengupta)

I am no great cook, but I am recognized for carrying out my cuisine trial. At times it becomes quite a bit of persecute for the taste-bud. Nevertheless, sometimes it really comes out to be a successful venture. Following recipe is just one of them.
Ingredients:
Chicken (cut into small pieces)
Tomato Puree
Sour Cream
Cashew
Ginger Paste
Garlic Paste
Onion
Coriander Leaves
Red Chilly Powder
Salt
Chicken
Bar-B-Q Tandoor Masala
Oil
Milk

Marinate the chicken with sour cream and Chicken Tandoor Masala. Best is, to keep the marinate over night. Bake the chicken pieces at 400 degree till it’s done. Make a paste of 1 table spoon cashew nut and keep it aside. Cut the Onion and keep it aside.On a frying pan put little bit of oil. Stir the garlic paste. Fry the Onion till its golden brown. Put Ginger paste, and fry it together until the oil and spices are separated. Put 2 Table Spoon of Tomato pure and give it a quick stir. Put the cashew nut paste and stir it for 2-3 seconds. Put 1 TS of Chicken Tandoori Masala and red chilly powder and stir. Put all the baked chicken pieces in the gravy and give it a quick stir. Put little bit of milk, for more gravy. Once everything is done, put 1 or 2 table spoon of sour cream, and yes, put salt according to your taste (Make sure, you taste the gravy before you put the salt, since tandoori masala has salt in it). Garnish it with coriander leaves.

I am not sure of naming this recipe. But one of my friends, very enthusiastically once said “wow…yummy!!!!”…So, why not call it yummy chicken.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home