Thought I could add some spice to your life...

Friday, February 11, 2005

Here is some news. I have been hailed as a saviour. As the news goes, I have saved economics (Hark Hark Nobel Committee) by writing this blog. Rest of it is indeed an inside joke. (But guesses, intelligent guesses, wild guesses, dreams, conspiracy theories and phd theses about how this blog saved economics are welcome. )

That, friends, is reason enough to give this blog a fresh lease of life.

Some of my friends wanted me to write more about vegetarian dishes. The problem is that I think I am not capable enough. The margin of error in case of vegetarian cooking is much lower. Only the initiated would know what I mean.

Green Aloo Dum:

Ingredients:
5 medium to large potatoes, a pound of green peas, a one-inch piece of ginger, coriander and cumin powder, turmeric powder, green chilli, crushed pepper and butter.

Half-boil the potatoes, peel them, cut them in to blocks and keep aside. Then take about three-fourth of the peas and boil them. The make a paste of the peas, the chillis and ginger. Now take some oil in a frying pan and add the paste to it. Add coriander, cumin and turmeric powder and salt to taste. Keep frying it till oil leaves the sides. Then add the potatoes. Stir for some time. Add a little water to it and let it boil. Once you have a viscous paste, add the remaining peas. Finally, add the crushed pepper and butter.

If you want a rich, thick, creamy consistency, you should not add water. Instead, add some sour cream. It makes a good party novelty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home